Rules for Online Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server or the network(s) connected to any server or to interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site.
RULES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
As a User of the Caroni River Group’s Site (“the Site”, or “WWW.CARONIRIVER.COM”) you agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Site and for your Contributions. "User Contributions" means all content submitted, posted, published, or distributed on the Site by you or other users of the Site, including but not limited to all forum posts, notes, questions, comments, videos, and file uploads. You agree that you will use the website in compliance with these Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Online Services, and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including copyright laws, any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence, and all other relevant laws.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server or the network(s) connected to any server or to interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server through hacking, password mining, or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on the Site, its servers, or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Site. If you are a registered user, you will not share your password or let anyone else access or compromise your account.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, User Contributions or user information, online textbooks, course materials, or trademarks and logos. You agree not to misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the website (although you are welcome and encouraged to use an anonymous username in the forums and to act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
As a User of the Caroni River Group’s Site (WWW.CARONIRIVER.COM), you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
- make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences;
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site;
- use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services;
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the content contained therein;
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site;
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile;
- use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site;
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, agents, partners, or subconsultants engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you;
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations
STRICTLY PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items are strictly prohibited on our website:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property; and
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others (this list, collectively, “Strictly Prohibited Items”).
You may not submit, post, publish, share, or otherwise distribute any of the above Strictly Prohibited Items on or via our website.
GUIDELINE FOR COLLABORATIONS
By enrolling in a course with us, you are joining a privilege community of learners. In order to participate in our courses, you agree that you will:
- Complete all tests and assignments on your own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted;
- Maintain only one user account, unless Caroni River Group has approved the use of a separate user account in connection with an employer-sponsored or university-sponsored program;
- Not let anyone else use your username and/or password;
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve your results, or improve or hurt the results of others; and
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess learner performance.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
- you should have first-hand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
- your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
- your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
- your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
- you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
- you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
- you may not post any false or misleading statements;
- you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS IN CASE OF VIOLATIONS
If you are found in violation of these Rules and theTerms and Conditions of Online Services, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any certificate earned in the course or program withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or program; or
- Termination of your use of the website.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of us and our course providers.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
Violations will be determined at our sole discretion. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated these Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Online Services and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
TERMINATION RIGHTS, DISCONTINUATION OF COURSES AND CONTENT
You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may terminate your use of the website or your participation in it, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to you. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users of the website who are repeat copyright infringers. We and our Partners (course providers) reserve the right at any time in their sole discretion to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any course offered through our website, or to cease providing any part or all of the website content or related services, and you agree that neither we nor any of our Partners will have any liability to you for such an action. If you no longer desire to participate in the website, you may terminate your participation at any time. The rights granted to you hereunder will terminate upon any termination of your right to use the Site, but the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Online Services will survive any such termination.
OUR RIGHTS TO CHANGE THESE RULES
We reserve the right to review and make changes to these Rules from time to time. Any changes to these Rules will be effective immediately upon posting on our website, with an updated effective date. By accessing the website after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Rules for Online Conduct and any changes contained therein.
Be sure to re-visit this document from time to time and ensure familiarity with the most current version.